BUY NOW · What is Kotlin? · About the book · Table of Contents · Code Examples · Sample chapters · About the Author · Contact
Once payment has been received, eBook will be emailed to buyer’s email address within 48 hours. Email message containing eBook files (all available eBook formats) will be emailed to email address used in your payment.
Book is also available in the following stores:
and many others.
What is Kotlin?
- Concise, drastically reduced code boilerplate
- Safe, impossible to get an NullPointerException
- Versatile, it is general-purpose programming language
- Interoperable, we can use existing JVM libs and frameworks.
A team at JetBrains (creators of IntelliJ Idea) developed Kotlin, an OSS language with an army of external contributors.
Kotlin’s benefits over Java are:
- It is Java-compatible language
- It compiles at least as fast as Java,
- It is safer than Java
- It is more concise than Java
- Reduces codebase significantly when compared to the same code written in Java
Kotlin is OSS language licensed under Apache 2 OSS License.
About the book
Book is available in formats:
- Amazon Kindle
Table of Contents
Complete table of contents with sample chapters in PDF format can be found HERE.
All code examples from the book can be downloaded HERE. Extract and open it as IntelliJ Idea project.
Note: To be able to run project with book code examples please follow official IntelliJ Idea Kotlin setup guide.
- About Fundamental Series
- What is Kotlin?
- Basic characteristics
- Hello from Kotlin!
About the Author
Miloš Vasić is a software engineer from Belgrade, Serbia. He is passionate about software development and ways to make it better. When Miloš is not on regular projects, he is spending time learning and investigating new technologies.
You can contact author of the book HERE.
Follow fundamental Kotlin book
You can follow Fundamental Kotlin on the following social networks:
BACK TO TOP